Skip to content

Feature Requests

179 results found

1. Wider emphasis on not superhero comics

I feel the app could have a wider audience if it focused less on the super hero titles form the biggest publishers and highlighted more manga, web comics and independant comics. It would open the platform more for people who like comics but are not really into the superhero genre. you could help by being able to search for genre, country or language. not saying that the site ignores these titles but I do feel it can focus more on titles not from the big two companies from america.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New Format: Comic books on CD/DVD

They're pretty obscure now, but in the late 90s/2000s before Marvel unlimited was a thing, the company (and many others) officially released their comics on CD/DVD. The discs were basically solely a collection of printable .pdfs that functioned the same way as an omnibus, except they could hold many more comics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comic_books_on_CD/DVD

I was just wondering, could this be added as a new format to the database? I know they're not really a 'book' but if digital chapters are a format, it would make sense for these to be as well.

They'd also have a functional use as well: omnibuses…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show how many people have bookmarked a list.

Provide data for community lists. Such as how many people have bookmarked it or completed it. There should be a way to see top lists. Lists that have the most bookmarks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Delete a series that you've created at rank 2

I've gotten to rank 2 and now that I can make a new series, I've been doing that. The only problem is that I have no way of deleting them, and I have to wait for a mod to approve modifications to the series. I've also accidently made a new series entry for a series already on the site, and I have no way of deleting the one I just made and have to just submit a request to a moderator to delete it for me.

TLDR: Rank 2's should be allowed to delete a series that THEY have made…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it Easier to Add Alternate Universe Characters

If there's one thing I'd add to this site, I'd make it easier to add alternate universe versions of characters to an issue. I'm trying to update a lot of the less popular Spider-Man comics and trying to add each Pete is just a total mess. When they're in the Alterniverse and not a specific universe, it's cool because you can search for the Earth in their name and you just wind up with a bunch of characters from said universe.

If they have a designated universe though? You've gotta search up their character name, find their specific universe and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add additional creator(s) to filter so that you can see a particular TEAM of artists

Example use case :

I just found an artist that I really love 'Alcatena' from Legends Of The Dark Knight Annual #5, but I realized that he's really in his true form when Digital Chameleon colors his books.

I wanted to cross reference the two and see if they were ever on other books together but the functionality did not exist. I can see what they're individually on but not together.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Editable Table View

As a User, I would like the ability to edit Ownership/Grading fields within the Table View.

Use Case 1 - I go to my Pull List for the week and want to quickly add/update the items going into my collection. I personally update my Paid and Grade fields and have added them to the Table view. This prevents me from having to go into the issue itself and to the two dedicated screens where these fields exist currently. This reduces clicks and speeds up entries/updates.

Use Case 2 - I have a large collection (16k) and I want to whittle…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Collection Stats - Ongoing Enhancements

Collection Stats is a great tool, which would be even more powerful with additional ways to filter, perhaps in line with options on the My Comics tab.

Note: Looks like filtering in My Comics and then clicking through to Collection Stats resets the filter which eliminates that option (though understand the danger of 'sticky' filters).

Would also be great as part of that if you could filter Collection Stats by your own created Tags.

Example: Have Tagged issues to Slab based on condition / value, and would like to filter those out and see what might make sense to assess…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share (export) want list from the app

I’d like to share my want list (publisher, issue, number, and variant cover) with my wife so she can surprise me with things I don’t already have. I know this can be done via the website, but I use the app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Random book/story from collection

The option to take you to a random book or story in your collection.

Alternatively, randomly select a book or story in the database to support discovery outside of a personal collection.

There could be criteria used to hone random searches or it just be a free-for-all random discovery.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Variants Sets/Keyword + Homage Field

Adding the Option to Connect variants to be a set.
    Marvel have been doing variant sets on monthly basis at this point (Timeless, Stormbreakers sets, Planet of the Apes and so on)
    A great feature for collectors and completions would be to view all the variant set in one place. Think of it as a clickable button that will lead to that menu. Currently, community members use community lists and external guides to get this info and to subside the lack of a set feature. As a collector myself that had to use an external guide to find all the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simply editing Tags

In order to streamline the editing of Tags (which I used for storage), I would suggest the two following features:
    - When using the search feature in bulk edit/add, allows the option of only showing comics that are "own"
    - When bulk edition, implement the ability of removing Tags for entire series (bulk)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Privacy settings for different stats

Have more options for privacy settings. Being able to hide or show pull stats, reading sats, reading sats, reading list and the collection (but this has already a own request). Also to be able to set it to: show leauge members only, show it to followers only, show it to following only, show it to followers and following, show it to everybody and show it to nobody would be good.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Short Bio" should not be a required field in "Submit a New Character"

I'm not good at creating bios, forcing every character added by the community to have a bio can end up preventing the character from being added due to discouragement, which results in a lack of information on the site. It's better to have the character without bio added to an issue than not having the character at all. The bio can be created in the future by someone who is good at creating one, just use the "Character Corrections" option, and sometimes even the person who is good at creating a bio doesn't want to create a bio for each…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Further improvements to the reading stats

Right now, the reading stats are broken down by the comic's launch date, which is great. It would be useful if we could also break it down by the issue's read date, so we can track how many comics we've read in a week, month, a year, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tags for Wishlist

Currently you can only create tags for comics you own however I think it would be really useful to have tags for things you want to own.

For example if I'm trying to collect issues for a marvel event that spans different comics collections (x-men 1, avengers 7, wolverine 2) would be useful for me to have a tag that lets me group them from my wishlist.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Uploading csvs for orders to mark pulls

Hi there, I represent a comic store that's been looking for an alternative pull-list system to what we use now, and I had a suggestion for how League of Comic Geeks handles pulls. The system we currently use allows us to upload csv files for each of our orders, and then mark the books on the order for specific customers. When the books arrive and the order has been processed and checked, we can mark the books as "ready for pick-up" and the customer gets an email notifying them that the books are available. Is there any feature like this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filtering on Language

When you search it would be a great help if you could filter on languages. A lot of comics is published in a lot of countries and it would make it easy if you only get the results you need.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a external share button for mobile app

I'd like to be able to share comic book pages outside of the mobile app. Would be nice to send a page via text message or Facebook.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. folders or "list groups" feature for community lists; and community list custom "cover art"

I plan to post many community lists on my profile as part of my "Make DC Epic" project (see here: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/profile/joeyhines). For the time being, when I only have a few lists, the pin function is a reasonable way for me to sort them. However, as I add more (planning on at least 72 lists, possibly more to come) it will get unwieldy for a visiting user to scroll through that many lists on my profile, & also for me to arrange 72+ items by pinning. At least a drag & drop sort option for the list themselves (like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?