Skip to content

Feature Requests

181 results found

1. When you own a variant there is no way to know you own an issue?

When you own a variant and it's 6 variants deep there is no way to know you own "that issue" So I wish there was a way to show "You don't have the original but you do own the issue on some level on the main page of a comic when you click on the title. Aka "Pull It
    Have It
    Read It
    Want It
    Have Variant" <-- That sounds dumb at least now I know. I don't want to own the original plus all the variants but you see a list of 20 comics that you own and it…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Today, a new beta option "Collapse Variants" has been rolled out to League of Comic Geeks Patron users. This option collapses variants underneath the main cover in the interface. If a variant is owned, it'll display a collected icon next to the variant count ensuring you can see you own a variant.

In a few weeks after some iteration, this option will either become available to all users, or become the new baseline for the interface. If you're a Patron user, feel free to check it out and share your feedback.

2. Cover character appearance tagging

It would be very nice to have a cover tag option for characters so collectors can identify covers containing characters. In addition to character appearances within comics, some also collect cover appearances. Variants often have characters on a cover that don't appear in the comic itself. Being able to track these down would help me find more stuff to buy :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Subscribing to a character

Hello!

I love that we can subscribe to content creators as well as to titles/runs. But I would really like to pull anything related to a few characters I religiously follow. Could you make that happen?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. “You have one of these” for series with variants

This is a bigger problem for series like Red Sonja that have a zillion variant covers. But when I’m looking at a whole series, it would be nice to have an indication that I have at least one cover of a given issue. Right now the default view when you pull up a series shows if you have the “A” cover for the issues. But this isn’t as helpful when you’re looking at a series that you have issues for here or there, with some/all being variants.

There is absolutely a need for the current view! But right now for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "bulk add/edit" feature with an option to add to my community lists

being able to go to a character or series page and bulk add issues to communtiy lists in the same way that the current "bulk add/edit" feature works for selecting issues and adding them to reading lists, collection and wishlists

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement a search bar for My Community Lists

Can we add a search bar to the My Community Lists page? I have over 30 lists and I have to scroll through them to find what I'm looking for and it can be frustrating. Especially when I'm at a comic book shop and trying to find something specific. Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being about to sort a series chronologically

When you go onto the "My comics" section you get 2 categories with 2 sub categories to sort a series. By Alphabetical order or Anti-Alphabetical order, and by Issue count (from highest to lowest, lowest to highest). My suggestion is that another is added which sorts all series by release date of the issues read. This will help show more recent comics at the top if that's wha someone is looking for, or show older ones at the top. This may help with trying to just see recent runs to update how much of them you've read. I hope this…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Legacy Numbering

A setting for this website that puts everything into legacy order. By that I mean it lumps every volume of a series as just one. It could be an interesting way to view your collection and see how much of an entire series you have. Plus, it will make looking through series that have legacy numbering easier.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Apply filters on Community Lists

Is it possible to get the ability to apply filters on Community Lists for Read/Owned status, or the ability to fade Read/Owned issues similar to the feature on Letterboxd?

This would be beneficial on longer lists (such as reading orders) to more easily identify what issues the user have yet to read

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A way to follow creators.

There should be a way to follow comic book creators. This way we can easily keep track of artists, writers, etc. that we like and navigate to their comics easier instead of having to pull their comics.

A feed that updates to show new comics from followed creators would also be a nice touch.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tracking comic spending/budgeting with the app

I'm looking for a way to track a budget with the app. I can export my data to excel and do it that way, but it would be nice if the app had a built in way to just quickly pull "how much have I spent since [date]?" based on the data I manually enter into "My Details", not pull list or cover price. It would also be cool to be able to enter budgeting details into the app to help keep me on track, like "$X per month" or "$X per year", and then the app can use the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Organize different series into 'Franchises'

It would be very nice to add the concept of "Franchises" where each franchise can show a list of all sereis that fall into it. Currently, it is difficult to follow a franchise from with LOCG itself. I have to do my research outside the website. I would love to see the ability of every series to have multiple franchises that it can fall into.

A franchise can be a subset from another, or overlap with another. A franchise contains any number of series. A series fall into any number of franchises.

Example: I like the BRZRKR series, but there…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom Price

Include option to manually input a current value to override the systems estimated value if you disagree with it. For calculation of total collection value. Can override the estimated value field, or be a totally separate field.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How to rate an entire series?

As of now, you can only rate issues inside a series, but you cannot give a star rate to an entire series. Would this be feasible to add? Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filtering on Language

When you search it would be a great help if you could filter on languages. A lot of comics is published in a lot of countries and it would make it easy if you only get the results you need.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Next in story" banner (like events)

We have events covered, but we don't have storylines covered.Take Venom by Donny Cates for example: midway through it focus on an event (Absolute Carnage) that is important to that run story, Then After the event is over, the story continues back to the Venom series, and again goes to another event (King in black) and so on. This is the norm in modern comics.Aaron's Thor, Zdarsky Daredevil, all span multiple events and relaunches. Storylines and arcs are left out for external guides outside LOCG, and community lists. I think that like other sites (Fandom for example) LOCG needs a…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sort by Series or Issue community average rating

We have the ability to sort by the percentage liked but could there be a way to sort by average rating?

Maybe limited to issues that have at least 50 ratings. And series could be limited to those that have at least an average of 50 ratings per issue.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Comic summaries. For readers who have a memory like a sieve.

Do you know this too? As a monthly reader or trade reader, you often have the problem of remembering the story from the last issue or trade. Sometimes issues or trades offer a summary, but not always. Now you can start browsing through the old issue again or search for a summary in Google. But often you want to read the new issue relatively quickly and easily and just need a short and sharp summary of the last issue to remind yourself of the story. League of Comics Geeks would be the ideal platform to quickly look up what happened.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add publisher: Terletski Comics

A popular Russian publisher that has published about 40 original titles. Most comics are already on the site, but belong to others and they are still releasing new comics.

Their site: https://terletski.ru/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. folders or "list groups" feature for community lists; and community list custom "cover art"

I plan to post many community lists on my profile as part of my "Make DC Epic" project (see here: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/profile/joeyhines). For the time being, when I only have a few lists, the pin function is a reasonable way for me to sort them. However, as I add more (planning on at least 72 lists, possibly more to come) it will get unwieldy for a visiting user to scroll through that many lists on my profile, & also for me to arrange 72+ items by pinning. At least a drag & drop sort option for the list themselves (like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10