Skip to content

Feature Requests

282 results found

1. eeasier access to subscription.

Can we have a subsribe to series option on the pull list screen?

It takes a long time to go into every series screen and subscribe to future issues from there.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve added a new way to subscribe to a series on the Manage Subscriptions page. Simply enter in the series name you’d like to subscribe to, select it from the list, and then click “Subscribe”. You’ll immediately pull upcoming issues and the subscription will appear in your list. Pretty easy to use and it will only show titles that have upcoming issues, cutting down the clutter.

I believe this meets the needs of this particular Feature Request. If anyone has additional ideas, feel free to share :)

2. Add To Wish List Button

I'd like to see a quicker way to add a lot of titles you may be missing for a series to your want list. Maybe some kind of page that does a checkbox list for that series? Or even just adding an 'Add to Wishlist' icon between the Add/Added icon and Config icon.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the new interface and its Bulk Actions button, I think you’ll find adding many titles to your wish list even easier.

You can click the Wishlist icon under each issue in a list or use the Bulk Actions to Add all released issues to Wish List.

If this can be improved more and you have ideas, feel free to submit them :)

3. Hiding Pulled Comics in Weekly Lists

Option to hide pulled comics from the "New Comics This Week" page to more easily sort through new comics to add

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. List the issues collected in each TPB/Hardcover.

Sometimes the information is in the description, but not always. I recommend that there's a field specifically for this information to be displayed.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey folks!

This feature has now been added. You can now add the list of individual issues collected in a trade paperback or hardcover.

As I mentioned, It couldn’t be done retroactively, but the community will definitely be able to work together to go through the database and update entries. Just click “Submit Corrections” to enter the issues.

Here’s an example of how it works:
    http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/3812968/red-lanterns-vol-4-blood-brothers-tp

As you can see, it lists the individual issues the trade contains and you are able to click into the issue itself. On the individual issue page, you’ll see a list of books that collect it.

As a side note – when the story arc feature is complete, it should add even more usefulness to this.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that has shared their feedback here, voted, and emailed us requesting this feature. With your help, we’ll continue to make League of…

5. Ignore "The" when alphabetizing...

...so that for example "The Wake" is under W, not T. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Definite and indefinite articles (A, An, The) will now be ignored when alphabetizing titles.

eg. The Wake will now appear with the W’s.

This may slow down lists a little bit, but I will continue to iterate on performance over the coming months particularly with the mobile app increasing load on the site.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues due to the change. Thanks!

6. Add entire series

It would be great if you can include a button to add all the issues from a series to your collection.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add all released issues to your collection from a series page with 1 click.

This feature will attempt to add only regular issues (not variants, reprintings, trades, etc.) that you are missing to your collection. It can be used at any time to continually ensure you have all issues in your list as they are released.

If you are having trouble seeing or using the feature, please be sure to clear your browser cache.

7. Subscribe to a series without variant covers

Looks like now when you subscribe to a series it adds variant covers to the pulllist. It'd be great if there was a way to turn that off. thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notes?

Perhaps as a future enhancement you might consider giving us the capacity to tag personal notes to issues. I use the My Comics page to track the comics I own and see what I need to buy next. For example, some of the issues I have I'd like to get a better copy. So I'd tag Iron Man #9 with a personal note saying "Torn cover". The next time I'm in a store digging in a long box I can look up my note on that issue and be reminded of what I'm looking for. Just a thought. Love the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. An app!

I would love an app where you can pick and pull your pull list on an app so it convieniently shows you what you have, how much you need to pay, etc. or at least a mobile site to see the pull list. I know I've chosen this as an alternative since the comixology pull list app has broken down, but I'd love to see more convieniance

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey folks, testing on the Comic Geeks Android app is done and it is now available to the public on the Google Play store. For those of you that joined our private testing group, thank you for your assistance.

You can now download the app here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LeagueofComicGeeks.app

I expect the iOS app to be made available to the public very soon on the iTunes store. Stay tuned.

I’ll talk more about the apps and future of our site more on the development blog this week.

10. Improved Collection Stats

We already have graphs and top 10 lists. Why not improve the lists so that when you selected (Top 10 Writer)/(Top 10 Collected Comics) it would pull up a list of what was contained? As well as a similar effect with the graphs, currently you can select a group, but I don't believe there is a way to be taken to a list of what that contains.
    Would it be possible to select other criteria to view in the 2 graphs?
    Could we also have more Top 10 type lists to select from, such as Letterer/Penciller/Colorist type criteria(Not sure how…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

League of Comic Geeks now has more Collection Stats. See your Top 10 Interior Artists, Cover Artists, Letterers, and Colorists. All top lists feature links that will take you directly into your Collection filtered on that creator.

This is just scratching the surface. I have more plans for comic stats with a new Comics dashboard, so stay tuned.

11. Redirection after submission

Everytime a contribution is submitted, the user is redirected to the contribution page. This is an inconvenience expecially when submitting multiple corrections for lesser known comics. It would be better in terms of productivity, in my opinion, to instead redirect the user to the last page visited, or at least to add an option about the redirection itself and let the user decide.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestions. We’ve made two changes that should make the contribution far less frustrating:

- Submitting corrections and new covers to comics will now take you back to the comic.
    - Submitting new issues to a series will now take you back to the series (so you can add another).

As a side note: Notifications will display on the bottom left corner of the screen informing you that your contribution has been submitted to the moderators for review. When approved, they will appear on the page. Changes made by moderators (anyone with 3,000+ points) will be seen immediately.

If we can improve the process more, please feel free to drop in your suggestions!

12. always logged in feature

have it so you can be permanently logged in on a computer instead of having to relog every time you close and reopen a browsing session.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cookies have been extended to 30 days for now and should not reset when a new browsing session is opened. This will require everyone to sign in again.

If you encounter issues with the change, please let me know and I will look into it as quickly as I can. Thanks.

13. Simplify New Comics

Right now it is fairly complicated getting to the new comics page for this week to do pulls. We need an ever-present button (maybe under the "Discover" pull down) that can go to the new comics page for that respective week in a single click.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Suggestions based on other people's collections / pull lists.

Basically a "people who read that also read this" kind of thing. And then rank the weight of the suggestions by how similar my collection and pull list is to those people.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a list of the comics you've read

It would be really nice if users could make a list of comics they read (not only comics they own) and comics related movies and TV shows they've watched. The personal stats would show roughly how much time they invested in each activity.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Series

It would be great if I could add series in addition to adding and correcting issues. I have lots of books in my collection I would like to add that don't exist in any form in the database.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pick of the Week

Would be great if we had the ability to set a pick of the week kind of like iFanboy had.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Pick of the Week has now been added to the Release Calendar and your own personal Pull List page. The option will display on the comic list the day of its release.

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll continue to improve the system in the coming weeks.

18. Publisher filters

I think it would be a good idea to allow the user to filter multiple publishers in the new comics list, instead of just looking at all of them or one at a time. I, for example, am mostly interested in Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and Valiant, and not so much the others.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s been a long-time coming, but you can now select multiple publishers (to view or exclude) from a comic list on LeagueofComicGeeks.com. This addition is the first part of a larger effort to provide more filters and customization options. Stay tuned.

19. WishList

This would mainly help for keeping track of back issues you haven't acquired yet?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now added the ability to add comics to a Wish List.

This is the first iteration of this feature. We’d love to get your feedback on it in its current state and continue to refine it from there.

To get started on adding a comic to your Read List, just click the cog next to the Add button. It will prompt a popup that will allow you to rate, review, mark as read, or add it to your Wish List.

20. text in the text boxes not visible

it's hard to signup for an account when I can't read the text in the textbox. Using Firefox 23.0.1 + ABP + Greasemonkey

I could not see the flavortext inside the textboxes without anything in it and I could not see the text as I typed something in it either

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests