Skip to content

Feature Requests

282 results found

1. Bulk import/export collection

From/to some spreadsheet format. Like xlsx or Google Drive spreadsheets.

Read status for items should be part of it.

A nice way of implementing it would be to get have the same format for the exported spreadsheet as the imported.

I guess you would need some kind of key for adding new items during import. For example the ISBN.

If unknown items are detected during import these items should be easy to add to the site from the import screen.

The export function is much easier to build so I guess you should start there :-)

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

League of Comic Geeks now has an Export Collection option. Need a backup and want an Excel spreadsheet of your comics in your collection, read list, and wish list? This is it.

You’ll find the new Export feature by going to your Collection. It will be in the menu as an option alongside the previously implemented Import feature.

Should you encounter any issues, and you may, please send in a support ticket or comment here.

Thanks!

2. Hide Spending on Profile

I'd rather not everyone be able to see how much I'm allegedly spending on comics, so I want a "hide spending" option. (Also, I tend to buy digitally one month late, when the prices drop, so the default numbers aren't accurate anyway.)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now enter in your sales tax % on your Pull List to be included in the total cost of your comics for that week.

On your Pull List page, you will find a link to “Edit Discount & Tax” on the left side under the week’s comics, right next to the “Print” and “Subscriptions” links. This will expand the subtotal/total area allowing you to make changes.

Your discount percentage and sales tax will be saved to your account and you can modify it at any time through that link.

4. List of trades and hardcovers collecting single issue

The site already covers a list of issues that are collected in a trade or hardcover, but I'd love to be able to go to a single issue and see which trades and hardcovers it's collected in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already a part of the website, actually. If a TP or HC listing is connected to its individual issues, the individual comics will display their “Collected In” section. Here’s an example:

http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/4665432/quantum-and-woody-5

Of course, a small percentage are linked together, but that’s to expected as the community continues to update entries.

If you believe this feature is not what you meant or that it can be improved, feel free to let me know and I can re-open this Idea suggestion.

Thanks!

5. Public subscriptions?

I'd like my list of currently active subscriptions to be public on my profile.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new web interface that launched this weekend has public subscription pages.

I believe this change is exactly what everyone was looking for, so I’m closing this suggestion ticket. If anyone has additional feedback, I can further iterate on it.

6. Filter collection by read/unread?

I'd like to be able to filter Collection/Browse by Issue by read/unread status, to more easily have at hand my list of unread comics as I read them, so I can mark them as read.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new web interface that launched this weekend has “My List” filters allowing you to choose to filter your collection by what you’ve read or not read.

I believe this change is exactly what everyone was looking for, so I’m closing this suggestion ticket. If anyone has additional feedback, I can further iterate on it.

7. Scanning Comics to collection

I think that it would be a great idea to scan comics into the app and your collection list.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add subscribe to search results

Currently on the search results screen, you can only "Add" a comic. There should also be a "Pull Future Issues" or "Subscribe" button here as well. Currently you have to 1.) Click the title of the comic, 2.) Click View Series, 3.) Click pull future issues. Not only is not obvious that this is the path you need to take to subscribe, it's also 3 clicks instead of the one it'd take if placed directly on the search results page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can subscribe to a series from any of its comics by clicking the cog button to launch a modal. From there, you can subscribe by clicking “Pull Future Issues”. The cog button is present in all search results and throughout League of Comic Geeks.

9. Add Series Option

A "add series" option. If you own all of or a large amount of a series, it would be great to have a option to add the entire series or offer a dropdown menu to deselect issues /not/ owned when adding the series, (e.g. you own 1-70 but are missing issue 42).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new web interface that launched this weekend has bulk add options when viewing a series allowing you to add all remaining issues to individual lists.

10. Post "marked read" to activity feed?

I'd love to be able to publish my read books as I go to my activity feed. But with some sort of toggle, so if I'm adding bulk back catalog my feed isn't swamped.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve split the comic list activity with the reviews, blogs, and status updates so everyone is not bombarded while trying to have meaningful discussions on the site. So as part of that, I’ve enabled read list updates to be included in the comic list activity areas.

11. Automatically mark as read when rating a comic

Pretty self-explanatory. If you rate a comic, that should mean that you've read it so it should automatically be added to that list.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you rate a comic now, it will automatically be added to your read list.

12. Include discount percentage in cost

Add a setting in my account so that I can enter my standard discount percentage at my local comic shop, so that my weekly/monthly costs reflect my discount.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now enter in a discount percentage on your Pull List to be included in the total cost of your comics for that week.

On your Pull List page, you will find a link to “Edit Discount & Tax” on the left side under the week’s comics, right next to the “Print” and “Subscriptions” links. This will expand the subtotal/total area allowing you to make changes.

Your discount percentage will be saved to your account and you can modify it at any time through that link.

13. Add direct link to Series under My Collection page

Often I want to add a new book to a Series that I own already. Currently I have to search for the Series that book belongs to, click in the list of search results and find the one that I want to add. It would be much easier if, from the page of the Series under My Collection, I could go directly to the general page of that same Series and add the new books I now own.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Quicker way to mark comics as read.

There should be a button in the same area as the ADD and PULL buttons to mark a comic as read. Alternatively, just have a checkbox there.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new web interface that launched this weekend has four list icons underneath the primary buttons. These are “Quick Action” buttons that show your list status but also allow you to quickly mark issues as read without leaving the page or opening the modal.

15. Add filter for "pulled but not added" or "missing" items

It'd be very useful to filter all the books that I have in my pull list but for some reason I could not get. This way it's easier to see what I missed in the past weeks and still need to buy.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Permanent save for "Always show this window when I add a comic." deselected checkbox

In the modal window that pops-up every time you add a new book, please make it possible to deselect the "Always show this window when I add a comic." once and for all. Maybe in the user settings?
    It's annoying when you add a lot of books to have to deselect it over and over every time you change page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Grouping Comics in Wish List

Add the ability to put the comics in my Wish List into custom groups or lists.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove from pull list

When I hit remove from pull list it stays there until I go to a different page and then return. Make it so that the pul list live updates to help me get what I need

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View pull list by month

There is the option to view your weekly pull list, but how about the option to see everything for 1 month and future months

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now customize your Pulled Issues List to display by Week or Month. Alternatively, I’ve also added the option to show all “Recent” or “Upcoming” issues if you’d like to see many weeks all on one page.

Your preference will save automatically if you’re logged in.

This was a fairly large change to the way the Pull List works on the website. Should anyone encounter issues or have suggestions, please let me know.

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base